Democratic Municipal Officials is pleased to announce Team ‘16, an initiative that engages volunteer Political Organizers to establish and strengthen our State Chapters throughout the country while grooming the next generation of elite politicos. This is an opportunity for you to hone your organizing, fundraising, and communication skills while making connections with elected officials, donors, and stakeholders across your state. If you’re looking for experience with a national organization, to meet potential clients for your consulting firm, or to increase your donor contacts, then we hope that you will apply for this position.
Help us to connect, engage, and empower municipal Democrats in your state, strengthen our Party, and keep our cities blue. We are looking for professionals that will use this opportunity to grow themselves and our organization as an integral component Team ‘16. You will leave with references from elected officials and the staff at DMO; be sure to seize this opportunity! I look forward to talking to you further.
Apply to be a Political Organizer
The Democratic Municipal Officials association, “DMO” is a national organization representing all mayors, city council members, city attorneys, city clerks, and other elected municipal officials from cities, towns, villages and townships of all sizes. DMO is a constituency group of the Democratic National Committee. We hold three seats on the DNC, including a position on the Executive Committee.
DMO is organizing a State Chapter in your state and we are seeking a volunteer to serve as the State Chapter’s Political Organizer. The position requires 15 hours a month of volunteer service, on a flexible schedule. All work may be completed from your home/office. You will need to provide your own computer and phone. The right individual will possess the competencies laid out below and will be eager to help connect, engage and empower Democratic Municipal Officials in your state.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Experience on a campaign or in the government office of a municipal official.
- Competent to set up online meetings (gotomeeting.com, maestroconference.com, etc.).
- Competent to serve as a back end administrator of the state chapter website (“powered by NationBuilder.com”).
- Political maturity to post to social media on behalf of the chapter.
- Knowledgeable about the political infrastructure in your state (state party, county parties, election cycles, labor unions, lobbyists interested in municipal issues).
- 2 hours per month in online meeting/coaching session with volunteers from other states.
- 3 hours per month organizing and hosting online conference calls with elected officials
- 10 hours per month posting content, calling potential sponsors, etc. and as needed for special projects.
Commitment and Compensation
Volunteers will not be employees of DMO, but may be entitled to a stipend for expenses. Fully chartered chapters in good standing may provide a $100/month stipend to cover expenses. With the assistance of the Volunteer Political Organizer, Charters will be expected to raise enough funds in the calendar year to cover double this expense plus other expenses.
Volunteers who are accepted into the position are asked to make a 20 month commitment to DMO, from March 2015- November 2016.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and any relevant supporting documents with contact information to Oliver Judd: firstname.lastname@example.org.